On December 19, 2014, the federal government published the Joint Interim Final Rule implementing the UG for all Federal award-making agencies (see Federal Register). As agency specific considerations for proposal development and grants management become available, that information will be posted here.
The National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), effective December 26, 2014 - the PAPPG is NSF's implementation of OMB’s Uniform Guidance and should be used in the preparation and submission of proposals submitted via FastLane.
- For guidance on proposals due and awards made before December 26, 2014, continue to reference the PAPPG dated February 2014.
- NSF has issued a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Foundation’s implementation of 2 CFR § 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance). These FAQs are available on the DIAS/Policy Office website and will be updated periodically as additional questions arise.
- For more information on preparing a proposal to NSF, see http://www.nsf.gov/funding/preparing/
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NSF Pre-Award Proposal Development under the UG (download pdf)
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NSF Post-Award Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The NIH Grants Policy Statement (3/31/2015) is effective for all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with budget periods beginning on or after December 26, 2014 and awards receiving supplemental funds on or after that date. See 10/1/2013 NIHGPS for prior budget periods.
- Notices of Award (NoA) issued on or after December 26, 2014 that do not involve obligation of new or supplemental funds remain subject to 45 CFR Part 74.
- See also NIH's 45 CFR Part 75 related FAQs.
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NIH Pre-Award Proposal Development under the UG (download pdf)
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NIH Post-Award Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Please note that the new OMB Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 200, was implemented by NASA on December 26, 2014. NASA has implemented the OMB Uniform Guidance with 2 CFR 1800 and the Grants and Cooperative Agreement Manual (GCAM). Both may be found on the left hand side of the following website: https://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/srba/index.html
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NASA Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- On October 9, 2015, the EPA issued a final rule implementing the OMB Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 200. Read the final rule here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-10-09/html/2015-25833.htm. See also Policy, Regulations and Guidance for EPA Grants and Grant Terms and Conditions.
- Details about managing and applying for EPA grants can be found on EPA’s website (http://www2.epa.gov/grants).